In one week I will be 30!
I had to pause for a minute to let that sink in. 30 years old. What a milestone.
My life has looked very different from what I imagined it would be when I was younger. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would be where I am right now. It’s funny how life works out.
As I think about the year ahead, I’m filled with optimism. I feel like my life is only beginning, like I’m just now discovering who I am and stepping into the person I was meant to be.
To celebrate year 30, I created a bucket list with 30 things I would like to accomplish in this next year. Some things I’ve done before. Some I’ve only dreamed of doing. Some I never thought I would ever do. I’m looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone, having some new experiences, and maximizing this life I have been given.
Cheers to 30 years and many more!
30 Things for Year 30
- Get a tattoo
- Visit California
- Write at least one blog post a month
- Take a dance class
- Read 6 new books (includes finishing some I’ve started)
- Take a cooking class
- Journal more
- Plan a girls trip with friends
- Redecorate my bedroom
- Participate in a 5k
- Go to a concert
- Go to the movies alone
- Try a new class at the gym
- Build muscle strength, tone
- Buy one new clothing item a month
- Find a new hobby
- Study the Bible more
- Learn to do my makeup
- Establish a better skincare routine
- Take a fun family trip
- Take a writing course
- Eat better; focus on whole, plant based foods
- Make a new friend
- Don’t be afraid to say no; set boundaries
- Go dancing with friends
- Try more local restaurants
- Unplug for a day (or weekend)
- Have a spa day
- Splurge on myself at least once